See why traveling to the Arctic with us should be on your must-do list
1. The polar bear capital of the planet. Nowhere, and we mean nowhere, can the polar bear be seen more reliably in its completely natural environment. And we have a proven knack for finding them.
2. The world’s ultimate Arctic expedition ships. National Geographic Explorer, National Geographic Orion, and National Geographic Endurance are state-of-the-art, fully stabilized, ice-class vessels. Explorer and Orion boast Ice-1A ratings on their hulls; while Endurance is a Polar Code PC5 (Category A) vessel, the highest ice class of any purpose-built passenger ship, designed to navigate multi-year ice with ease. Our fleet is equipped with unmatched tools for exploration, offering the privilege of safely exploring the planet’s most remote and wild places in the luxury of comfort.
3. Experienced and engaging expedition team. Our staff have been exploring this rugged wilderness for years, even decades. Their in-depth knowledge, on-the-ground experience, and overwhelming enthusiasm for the high Arctic will make your expedition. They’re also ace spotters, able to locate white bears against white ice with uncanny accuracy—to provide thrilling sightings for you.
4. Expert photographers. Top pros are at your side and at your service—providing advice, tips, and slideshows. Access to photographers of this caliber will help you improve your skills and ensure you’ll go home with incredible photos.
5. The undersea, illuminated. We are the only company in the Arctic with an undersea specialist aboard every voyage. Our specialist, suited up for polar waters, dives to capture video footage in vivid HD. Shown on plasma screens in the ship’s lounge and accompanied by an engaging narrative, this video lets you explore the virtually unknown Arctic undersea while warm and dry, and with a cocktail in hand. Each ship in our fleet is also equipped with an ROV (remotely operated vehicle) capable of exploring depths up to 1,000 feet and filming where no diver can go.
6. Mudmaps. Our ice masters have such vast experience in this region, they’ve made their own soundings and maps of areas that are otherwise uncharted. In other words, we’ll get you to the “lesser-traveled” areas and back. Safely.
7. Polar kayaking. We pioneered kayaking in the polar regions. We’ve devised a safe operation that allows you to enjoy the freedom and solitude of kayaking in the stunning arctic scenery.
8. Local flavor. We infuse local flavor into many elements of our cuisine and beverage. Whether it’s fish, sustainably caught in local waters or the way your entrée is prepared and plated, you’ll definitely know where you are. And you can count on authenticity, since many of our galley staff are Scandinavian.
9. “Je ne sais quoi”—that certain something on board. It’s impossible to articulate, yet impossible to miss: The spirit and camaraderie between the ship’s personnel and the guests is palpable. Once aboard, you’re family. Perhaps that’s why 54%our guests come back to travel with us again.
10. Exclusive video chronicle of your expedition. Being in the moment, immersed in the experience is the joy of being in the Arctic. So, a professional video chronicler (VC) is aboard to capture the expedition moments you’ll want to remember for you. You can relax, and never worry that you’ve missed anything. Your VC will professionally edit and package the voyage chronicle, making it available for purchase before you disembark ship.
Join us for updates, insider reports & special offers.